TO: All Superintendents and Chief Executive Officers of the Public Schools in Maryland
August 25, 2016This is the message that scientists and physicians, who are conducting research on the impact of wireless devices on health, want you to hear:
The radiofrequency/microwave radiation produced by wireless devices, like Wi-Fi, wireless computers, cell phones, cordless phones, and smart meters, is harmful to human health.For this reason, it is vital that the mandatory irradiation of children, not to mention teachers and staff, in the Maryland Public Schools be ended.
If you doubt that such radiation is harmful, please see the two attached documents which will point you to major references on this subject:
- The first document is "Message to Schools and Colleges about Wireless Devices and Health". It will introduce you to the health issues associated with wireless devices, with an emphasis on Wi-Fi.
- The second document is "The Health Argument against Cell Phones and Cell Towers". It will provide additional information about the health risks of cell phones by describing the link between cellular radiation and tumors, including malignant brain cancer. That link has just been reinforced by a new study from the National Toxicology Program at the National Institutes of Health.
- Which sources of information are assuring you that wireless technology is safe?
- Do those sources have any vested interest in wireless technology? Do they sell, install, or service wireless devices?
- Will those sources give you written evidence, for public scrutiny, that backs up their claims of safety for the wireless devices that they advocate that you use in your schools?
- Does the expertise of those sources match, in any way, the expertise of the world's leading scientists and physicians, referenced in the attached documents, including those at the National Institutes of Health, who are actively conducting research on the health effects of the radiation from wireless devices.
If you have any doubts about the safety of wireless technology, what is the prudent step to take?
- Keep irradiating the children, and add even more sources of radiation, such as wireless thermostats and virtual-reality cell-phone devices, throughout the schools and without concern for the consequences to either the children or the decision makers advocating irradiation.
- OR, take Precautionary Action by stopping the irradiating of the children, while awaiting additional evidence sufficient to convince you that the radiation is either harmful or safe.
If you elect Precautionary ActionYou can largely resolve the problem of the mandatory irradiation of children in the schools by moving fromwireless connectivity, like Wi-Fi, to shielded wired connectivity, like the following:
- shielded Ethernet cable
- coaxial cable which is inherently shielded
- optical fibers which do not need shielding because they do not radiate at all.
Who am I?
I am a retired U.S. Government career scientist. I hold a Ph.D. in Applied Physics from Harvard University. My background is described in both of the attached documents.
Thank you for your attention to this important issue.
Ronald M. Powell, Ph.D.
See all of Dr. Ronald Powell's letters at this link.